Saturday, July 20, 2013

World War Z Movie Review

Yes...yes....and YES!!!  Go see it. Very simple plot, not much on character development, but it makes up for it with sheer intensity!!! There is no lead up to the action. Probably the first 5 minutes you will be able to relax, then you'll be on the edge of your seat for the rest of the film. It's so engaging,  I found myself with my finger to my lips saying "Shhhh" in the commercial airline scene. When I looked around to see if anyone else saw me, everyone else I could see also had their finger to their lips saying "shhh". Awesome, engaging movie without resorting to shock value language, sex, or gore. As a matter of fact, I can't recall seeing any blood at all though there was shooting and maiming. I would compare it to "Signs" in the fact that's it's more about what you don't see that makes it so intense.

Wouldn't suggest it for really little ones because the Zombies would give nightmares for sure. But there is no language, no sexual content, and no gore. Just the good guys trying to save the world. Loved it and I'm hard to impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment