Monday, September 23, 2013

All about AL

Hi there! My name is A. L. Mabie and I am E. M.'s older and wiser (by reason of years) sister.  I am married with 2 children.  Being a mom and a wife is my greatest joy.  Most days.  I mean come on, its not fun and games all the time but its worth it.  I love to read.  And cook.  Oh and eat, I really like to eat.

But this is a book blog so back to reading.  I love to read.  I have labeled myself as a book nerd.  I am in no way a book snob.  You know, you meet those people who can't find anything nice to say about any book they ever read.  I wonder sometimes where all the perfect books are that they have written.

I read a lot of popular books.  Ya know the ones "everybody" is reading.  I like to keep up with the conversations people are having.  Did I mention I love to talk.  I really like to talk and it helps if I have something to talk about or my ADHD gets all crazy and who knows what I will talk about.  It can be embarrassing really.

But, oh yeah, book blog.  I do like the popular books but with the electronic readers that have become so popular (I really think they might catch on) and with what seems to me a huge influx of new writers trying to make a name for themselves by offering their material for free, I have found a new love.  I LOVE reading free stuff on my Ereader.  I recognize that there are usually typos.  Probably not a great picture on the cover.  But I love all of this creativity.  It makes me so happy to see how many people out there will go after their passion and put it out there for the whole world to see.  They are so passionate that they will take the criticism along the the acclaim and keep pressing forward.  When I am reading these books I often am so overwhelmed with their imagination.  Sometimes I am scared of it to and I usually quit reading those books.  I mean really, you might need help, where did that come from?  But for the most part I am impressed.  I am also cheap and don't like to spend a lot of money so that may be why I like free books.  Just sayin'!

I really like a lot of different types of books.  I used to think I didn't like sci-fi or steampunk but E.M. kinda changed that for me and I am broadening my scope!  Now as for my favorite type of book I would have to say "ZOMBIES"!  I love zombies.  I don't know why exactly but I do.  So hopefully I will be able to review some really great free or almost free zombie books for you in the near future.  Thanks for letting me tell you all about me and I look forward to being part of E.M.'s blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment